top of page
Sat, 10 June|
Cdo & SAS Family Day Shoot
A family friendly day of shooting on the range with several ranges on offer. Camping also available.
Time & Location
10 June, 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
Blackbutt, Blackbutt QLD 4314, Australia
About the event
- All ACAQ members (Full, Associate & Social, including our affiliated organisations) and their families are invited, as are members & families of the ASASA-Q.
- Family friendly atmosphere of shooting & camping all weekend.
- Shoots/ Range Practices will include the usual format as per previous years, with ammunition break up TBA depending on numbers of fires (there will be plenty!)
- 'Cricket Shoot' - 20m range, small calibre rifles, (open sights, no pistols). Members with rifles calibres .22, .357 Mag, .44 Mag are welcome & encouraged to bring them along if willing to share on the day,
- Military Rifle Shoot - 50 & 100m ranges, .303 Lee Enfields (open sights), fired from standing unsupported, standing supported & lying prone,
- Shotgun Shoot - Clay targets, fired from a 'thrower'/ trap machine,
- Trophies & Awards - 3 x main perpetual trophies between Cdos & SAS, plus individual medallions for best shoots at each range,
- Range briefing and general directions will be given at the administration area to the rear of the firing points
- BBQ style lunch with simple fare available for a minimal cost on Saturday, e.g. sausages, onions & bread/ buns etc, minimal salads.
- Limited bottled water available, however BYO drinks & or own lunch as required.
- Portaloo in the administration area, as well as shade shelters/ gazebos
- Camping area available for off road caravans, tents, swags etc. Basic toilet facilities (including a Poratloo) onsite,
- Firewood available for Friday & Saturday night, with an area for a camp fire & or cooking,
- Alternatively the Hotel Radnor in Blackbutt do meals and also have rooms if you get in quick - (07) 4163 0203, or email email@example.com
- Friday 9th June (no shoots) - All welcome to camp over from the Friday afternoon onwards until Sunday,
- Saturday 10 June - 9.00am, a suggested meetup at Blackbutt with our guide, (a committee member, at Hotel Radnor) as this will allow for travel to the venue, see below,
- Saturday 10 June Family Shoot - 9.30am, Range Brief at Toby's (new time), 10.00am commence firing, until approx. 3.00pm. Additional shooting may be conducted afterwards with personal firearms, pending range staff,
- Sunday 11 June - Additional shooting may be conducted by individuals with personal firearms, range safety staff permitting.
- ASASA-Q member Toby Wilson's property approximately 22kms South of Blackbutt. Toby has a large private acreage and is working towards a 'Veterans Retreat' style camping ground.
- A guide will be at the corner of the Warrego Hwy & Hart St vicinity of Hotel Radnor/ Blackbutt Hotel at 9.00am leaving around 9.05am/ 9.10am,
- Stick Map attached for those who drive to the property on their own (any issues on the day give me a call).
- The Cdo & SAS Family Day Shoot has been a premier event on our Social Calendar for quite a few years now,
- It provides a great opportunity for a catch up and a bit of fun and friendly rivalry with the competition and awards.
- Firearms and ammunition are being supplied by the two associations & their committees, those that have either a.303, Shotgun & or a small calibre rifle, let me know,
- $20 flat rate will be charged for firers shooting on all three ranges to help cover costs, with exceptions managed on the day, e.g. only firing on one range etc,
- A donation towards the range preparation, and the purchasing of stores/ equipment by both Toby (property owner) & Rory (ACAQ member, CD & Cdo) would be appreciated,
- Range Safety Staff will predominantly be executive committee members of the associations, however those licenced firers may be asked to help out from time to time,
- No alcohol will be present at the range area, consumed prior, or during the shoots. Once the range is closed all are welcome to retreat to the campground where any BYO alcohol will be kept.
bottom of page